vanisleva.com Forum Index vanisleva.com
ViVa's pilot forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Flash chat

Seattle Air Museum

Post new topic   Reply to topic    vanisleva.com Forum Index -> Real World Aviation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jeff
Serious Forum Addict...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:03 am    Post subject: Seattle Air Museum Reply with quote

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Spent a very enjoyable afternoon on Monday touring the Seattle Air Museum. Haven't been there for a few years and the museum has just gotten better. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED if you are ever close by.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

One of the main reasons I came here. To see this beautifully restored Connie on the place of honour out in front of the museum

Two interested grand boys, Tristan 7 on the left and James 9 on the right.

An amazing young nine year old boy. Interested in everything he comes in contact with. and an Incredible memory for what he's learned.

One of the main reasons both boys are so well informed, their Dad who teaches them everything he can.

James in the replica cockpit of the SR -71 Blackbird

Tristan in the cockpit.

Dad and Tristan about to take off in the space shuttle . . . .

"beware the granite overcast"

Intel Core i7 - Western Digital 64mb Hard drive - MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit O/S - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 760 Video card FS9 - FSX
carm
Serious Forum Addict...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:32 am    Post subject: TCA Connie Reply with quote

If my memory serves me rightly, that TCA Connie sat at the north end of CYYZ for quite a few years and was at one time set up as a restaurant, in which my wife and I had lunch one time. Smile
A magnificent old bird.
Islander
Serious Forum Addict...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great shots of what was clearly a wonderful day, Jeff- thanks Very Happy Very Happy .
bernd1151
Serious Forum Addict...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What an amazing place, Jeff. Thanks for sharing the photos with us. I enjoyed them
carm
Serious Forum Addict...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great shots Jeff. I have that Connie by Jahn in my sim, Think I'll take her up today for a while. Aren't grand children just the greatest.-----I know mine are. Smile
Carm.
Irvin
Serious Forum Addict...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Looks like great fun. Soooo much to see. Shocked
FSX -- UT Canada - UT USA - UT Alaska - UT Europe
Jeff
Serious Forum Addict...

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Correct everyone. It is a great place to visit and yes it was a restaurant at one time in Ottawa Ontario.

And yes Carm, grandchildren certainly are a treasure. I have another one with me this week and two more coming to visit next week . . . Life is great!

Intel Core i7 - Western Digital 64mb Hard drive - MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit O/S - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 760 Video card FS9 - FSX
carm
Serious Forum Addict...

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re the old Connie. I don't remember it ever being at Ottawa let alone a restaurant. But I do know for certain that it sat at the north end of Person -- CYYZ for quite a number of years and at one time was converted to a Diner. I used to drive past it nearly every day to my business.
There was quite a scene when it was sold to American interests to go to Seattle to the museum. I'm glad it did go there, if it hadn't it probably would have just rusted away.
Jeff
Serious Forum Addict...

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy You're right Carm. I was told it was at Rockcliffe mIlitary field as welll as Ottawa International but I'm obviously mistaken . . . Seeing is believing.

I do understand though that it was the Federal government who would not issue an export permit without the promise that it would be painted in Air Canada retro paint. Glad they did. Cool Cool

Post new topic   Reply to topic    vanisleva.com Forum Index -> Real World Aviation All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: